Thursday, August 13, 2009

People will always suprise you

Last night I was at Old Navy and a sweet little Asian girl was helping me find a particular shirt I was in search of. After I found the shirt on my own and continued on with my shopping, she eventually returned, shirt in hand, and asked if she'd found what I was looking for. Then she said, "I'm sorry it took me so long to find you. You all just look the same to me." My initial reaction was that I wanted to say to her, "That's okay, you all look the same to me too," because I figured if she was going to make a comment like that, then she shouldn't be offended if I returned the same remark. But I refrained. Still, it's amazing what people think it's okay to say...

1 comment:

Myrna said...

That is interesting. I guess that shows we don't really look at people, we just see people.