Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Reason #28 - August

I think around age 11, I had my first week long birthday. Within a few years after that I started to realize that having a summer birthday wasn't a bad deal. In exchange for not being able to bring cupcakes to class on my birthday, I had a week long birthday party every year. It's not necessarily that anyone plans on throwing me a week long party, it just seems to work out that way.

Not only does my week long birthday fall in August, but August is just a month full of adventure for me. I think I have been out of town regularly in the month of August for the last few years consecutively. There are just so many fun things to do. This year, my August looks like this:

Week 1: LA
Week 2: My birthday
Week 3: Toronto
Week 4: I run a 10k (we'll see when it's over whether this weekend was fun)
Week 5: I leave for Australia and New Zealand

The down side to having so much fun is that there is of course still plenty of work to be done. So while I am super excited for all of my upcoming adventures, I think it might have been a good idea to spread the fun into the rest of the year a bit better. C'est la vie...

2 comments:

Nancy said...

What?!? 10K Where did you get your energy? I can barely walk a mile, let alone even do the math to figure out how many miles a 10K is. Way to go Rachel!!!

Nancy said...

By the way, Happy Birthday in just a few days!