Monday, August 3, 2009

Reason #27 - Breanna


Breanna Elizabeth is the girl who changed my life and helped me become the person I am today. She gave me an opportunity to remember what life is all about, and what kind of person I need to be now, so that I can be the wife and mother I want to be when the time comes. And she taught me incredible lessons about the atonement, and about what it means to truly love.

I had a chance to go to Breanna's baptism this last weekend with my mom, and it was an incredible experience. It was so beautiful to watch her father-a wonderful righteous Priesthood holder-take her hand as she walked into the baptismal font and committed to follow Jesus Christ. It was equally amazing to listen to her sing about going to the temple.

It was so wonderful to see Breanna completely surrounded with an amazing family who loves her dearly and who provide for her a rich and Christ-centered life. And it was an incredible experience to feel the love they shared with me on her special day, as we all celebrated her life together. This is what the atonement provides: the ability to make weak things strong, to make wrong things right, and to give imperfect people the opportunity to make perfect decisions.










2 comments:

triciarnorton said...

She is so beautiful, and so much like you! I love you so much and I am still so proud of you for your decision!

Debbi said...

Great post. It doesn't get better than that