Friday, September 4, 2009

9 Paid Days of Freedom...sort of...

I have been released from work for 9 paid days to take a "holiday" in Australia and New Zealand. This actually worked out to be 15 days of travel for me, since one work day is a holiday and there are 3 weekends included. 15 beautiful days of being away from my life. Except that my blackberry and laptop are my trusty travel companions just in case someone from work needs my help. I guess it's nice to feel needed. And... it's also nice to have work pay for me to use my cell phone and the internet on vacation.

Just a few highlights of the trip so far:
  • Ben Folds in the Sydney Opera House
  • Hot Aussie (and Italian) boys taking care of us
  • Whale watching (which ended up being dolphin watching)
  • Bondi Beach
  • A hot new Sydney haircut
  • Much needed R&R










2 comments:

Nancy said...

Fun, fun, Ray. You are making me a little jealous.

triciarnorton said...

Looks super sweet! I love the new blog title btw. ;) Libby was asking for auntie Rachel yesterday, a few different times. I am not sure what reminded her of you, but something sure did.