Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Home is where your friends are...

A few weeks ago some of my best friends came down to Orlando for a visit. It was such a fantastic weekend, and I had forgotten how much anywhere can feel like home when you are with family, whether they are true relatives or those you've adopted in.
After a long weekend of fun and a late night on Sunday night, Brad dragged himself out of bed nice and early on Monday morning, and I settled back in for a few more hours of sleep. I was awakened not long after he left by Erika checking in to see if I wanted to go running. That was not the morning for a run, but I loved that she woke me up to check. Not long after that I was again awakened by Chrislyn climbing into bed with me so she could get another hour or two of sleep since little Emma was not going to let that happen. Although I have met so many wonderful people out here, having MY best friends here sharing in the day to day of life was so precious to me.
There is something so great about being with the people you've known long enough that your home is their home. I felt more "at home" in Florida than I have felt since moving here, as Brad and I shared our home and our lives with our "SSS" family.

Chrislyn and Emma with their "1st time" buttons at the Magic Kingdom

The Woolstons just before fireworks in front of the castle. Emma LOVED the fireworks

Cute little Emma playing with me at the hotel

Bonding at Time Out for Women

Brad wearing crazy Mickey ears when we wandered at the Boardwalk with Annie and Erika

No comments: