Monday, March 26, 2012

Oh Heavenly Day!

I have felt like I couldn't continue posting new stuff without updating the past... but not only am I bad at posting, but I'm missing out on posting some fabulous memories because it is taking me too long to post the old stuff. So... my goal is to catch up on our lives this week, and then become a real blogging girl again.
When Brian put together his mini video for us from our wedding day he used Patty Griffin's Heavenly Day to go with it (which was the song we danced to with our parents at the wedding) and it truly was just that. If I start listing the things that didn't go perfectly, I surprise myself at how long the list gets, because none of those things mattered at the time, and are definitely not the things I look back and remember. And I guess I was also fortunate enough to not have anything catastrophic happen (except our gift cards getting stolen. But luckily we didn't find out until the police had already returned with everything we had lost in their posession. Whew!).
The luncheon and reception were just beautiful, and so much fun. I always wanted to have a big party, and more than anything I wanted to have fun at my wedding, and Brad and I had such a blast. One of my favorite moments of the night was after we had finished the traditional wedding dances and the party dance music started, complete with a flash mob choreographed by Emily. It was so fun! We just danced and played all night, and it was so amazing to be able to share our celebration with so many that we love. I've included some of my favorite pictures, although there are many, many more.

Mom and Dad Cottle

My amazing sisters giving their toast

Mom and Dad Randall

I hear the crepes were delicious. Brad and I wouldn't know. ;)

Erika using her iPhone to keep our temperamental little beauties in good spirits

Our first dance :)

Who is this girl? She looks absolutely nothing like me! ;)

Running to the car

Me in my princess dress

No comments: