Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Welcome to Florida!

The Cottle family made the last leg of the journey with us, and were such an incredible help in getting us moved in and settled. Thursday night we got everything into the house so we were ready to start unpacking. On Friday Dean, Brad, and Tiffany spent several hours putting together furniture, while Mama Jean put away my entire kitchen and I started putting our bedroom together. I could have easily spent the next several days doing nothing but unpacking because I don't truly feel at home until everything has been given a place. This is one of the things that marriage is helping me overcome...somewhat. It was good for us to go out and enjoy some fun things Florida has to offer while we had family in town, and so we did.
Brad was very excited to visit Medieval times on Friday night, and it was a fun experience to see a real jousting match (or as close to real as one can get), and just spend some quality time with Brad's family. Saturday it was off to Universal Studios where we rode roller coasters, drank some butter beer (of course!), and starred in a fake movie. It was a great adventure, although I was sure tired at the end of it. What a long week!
The Cottle crew headed out on Sunday evening, and Brad and I found ourselves alone for the first time in many days. And although we were so sad to say goodbye to everyone we love, we knew our Florida adventure had finally begun, and it's been a beautiful journey every day since.


Brad carrying me over the threshold of our new apartment

Medieval Times


The DISASTER attraction at Universal

Feeding Brad to JAWS

Tiffany and I with the Minions

The Christmas Tree at Universal

No comments: