Saturday, December 5, 2015

Your First Month


Hey Little Big Guy,

I am slowly but surely catching up so I can keep things posted AS they happen instead of two months later. :)

Your first month was an eventful one. Dad and I (as all parents do) jumped in with both feet and started the adventure of parenting. You slept in your bassinet in our room and occasionally in our bed until I discovered I could only be a good mommy if I got some sleep too! I could never explain the amount of worry I felt when you were so tiny and new, and every sound and movement woke me thinking you stopped breathing or you needed to be fed. We weaned ourselves slowly, starting with the bassinet right outside our door, and eventually moved you to your own room when I got over the worst of my mommy paranoia.

After Mimi's visit those first weeks, Grandma Jean came down for a few days to help out and get in some snuggle time. Aunt Tiffany came down with a friend and since their lodging arrangements didn't work out, they crashed with us as well. Tiffany was a little nervous about holding such a tiny baby, but she sure loved getting to know you and learning how to snuggle with you.

Grandma and her boy

Aunt Tiff and her nephew
The doctor was a little nervous you weren't gaining enough weight in your first two weeks, but sometime before you hit the month mark you went from itty bitty newborn to my little big guy and it felt like it happened overnight! People say to cherish each moment because it goes fast and I felt the impact of that as I saw you suddenly growing out of your little newborn clothes!

I have loved being home with you and sharing walks, snuggles, naps, and giving you tubbies. You are a delightful boy, and I think you must have gotten your sweet disposition from your dad! Your stubbornness only comes out when you've been on tummy time longer than you'd like and you want to make sure mama knows you hate it.

Aunt Trish had a brilliant idea, and we took some pictures with Walter to have a fun way to see how you're growing. We didn't get a great comparison when we first brought you home, but we'll still get the idea.

Love,

Mom and Dad

Your One Month Photo Shoot:






You and your buddy Walter:



No comments: