Sunday, September 20, 2015

Showered with Love

Hey Buddy,

I'm kind of hoping this is the last post I write to you before you're born, but I keep reminding myself I don't really have a say in the matter. One can wish and hope though, right?

I wanted to let you know how blessed you are to be born into a life full of incredible, loving,  and wonderful family and friends! I had the blessing of taking a quick trip to Utah in July where I celebrated with so many family and friends at your baby shower, and just last week I got to celebrate again with all of our new friends (and some old friends) in Florida!

My shower in Utah was hosted by Grandma Debbi (or MiMi, or Grammy... whatever you end up calling her), and Erika and Corinne (along with lots of others who pitched in to bring food). Erika couldn't come all the way from Philly, but she made awesome invitations and put together all the cute decorations that she sent from across the country, and Corinne and Grandma took care of the rest. It was a wonderful celebration, and so fun to be with so many loved ones who came to celebrate and share in our excitement! We also had a shower the night before for family members so we had lots of quality time to visit with everyone. We are so blessed to have so many wonderful people in our lives! We'll be very busy on our first trip to Utah together. There are so many people you need to meet!

My dear wonderful Andrea (my Florida bestie who you will get to know well) hosted the shower in Florida, with help from Suzanne, Sarah, and Carolina. It was such a wonderful morning! The food that everyone brought was delicious, and it was so awesome to visit with friends I've known for a few years, along with the friends I'm just getting to know. As we started playing games and opening presents, Andrea asked everyone to introduce themselves and share something they loved about me. I was so touched by the genuine and lovely things people shared! It was such a neat experience to hear the unique things people have noticed about me, and I have determined that I'd like to carry on that tradition when I get a chance to celebrate someone else. We are all so hard on ourselves, that sometimes it's nice to know that other people aren't focusing on the things we're not doing. They see the good!

I did a really terrible job of documenting the family shower, and the Florida shower, but here are some pictures that I did get in Utah.

The spread

Mustache cake Grandma made

Aunt Bryn. I know it looks like I'm WAY more pregnant,
but Cousin Aria was actually born on August 8th. My birthday!

Paula. You'll definitely get to know her. Our wonderful neighbor.

No shower would be complete without the Thornes.
Sandra is my second mama, and Meg and Melissa of course
just like sisters.

Dear Jodi, who I've known since I was 9 years old!

Aunt Barbara

Kristie and Randall. Kristie makes the most AMAZING cookies
(she made some with bowties for our "little man")

Lynda, Linda, Pinky, and Wendy. Some of the wonderful ladies who
even loved me through my teenage years.

The Dawsons. Where do I begin? I love them!

These were some of our awesome props that Erika made.
Grandma and I with Corinne and Drea.

Chrislyn and her cute little Corban!
He will be one of your Utah buddies,
and hopefully you'll be meeting him very soon
when they come to visit us in Orlando.
We have a Disney tradition to uphold! ;)

Heather Wilde. One of the reasons my time in
the Avenues holds a very special place in my heart. 

No comments: