Thursday, July 30, 2009

Reason #25 - Being an Aunt

So last week I went on a family vacation to Idaho, and while spending a week with a two year old and a 9 month old is not exactly restful, it was AWESOME! Sarah is finally old enough that she's stopped spitting up whenever I hold her, so we spent a lot more time hanging out with each other. And Libby was a non-stop treat the entire time, even when she was keeping me from my nap (it's really hard to ignore a little a little curly-haired toddler outside the door calling, "Ray Ray"). Some of my favorite Libby quotes were:
"Hiss, you've hissed your last!"
"Prince John the phony king of England!" (See Robinhood for both of the above quotes)
"Nice to meet you."
"You kill me!"
"Oh my gosh a penny!"
"Wanna dance Sarah?"
And of course my heart melts every time I hear her say, "Ray Ray".

Seriously, being an aunt is awesome. And I have to admit I was especially happy to be an aunt when Sarah and Libby did not want to sleep at night.

Libby's birthday blastoff party.

Me giving Libby the "Stinkeye".

Cute Sarah.

Trish and Mom doing "Pump" while Libby and I danced.

1 comment:

triciarnorton said...

Libby asked, "where is RayRay?" yesterday. So cute. They miss you already!