Monday, December 22, 2008

Reason #9 - Hanging out with the Family is twice as fun with my nieces around

So tonight we made gingerbread houses, which is a Randall family tradition. It was some serious fun. My friend Erika came along and she and Nick created some sort of fancy castle, while I stuck to a more rustic theme. I had grand ambitions of creating my own pretzel lincoln logs, which quickly dissolved... but it was still a good time and I was pleased with the result.

As fun as gingerbread houses can be, nothing was more fun than watching the constant entertainment my niece provided. I fed Libby sour watermelons, pretzels, and marshmallows,and made her say my name and make the "fish" face 100 times. There's just something absolutely endearing about hearing a little tiny curly haired girl say "Ray Ray." We've been working on that since she was about 8 months old, so I'm glad to know that it paid off. I think she might have said my name before any other aunt or uncle. I'm not going to say that makes me her favorite, but...




4 comments:

Megan said...

Hey Rachel!! How are things!! By the way...your gingerbread house is amazing! :)

Jer and Cam said...

Your niece is so adorable! I love having family around! It's the best! I hope you had a great Christmas!!

Alicia said...

Ugh! I am just so jealous. I have no idea how to make gingerbread houses. I ask my mom to show me every year and she says no they are too big a pain! Please send tips my way. Do you use real gingerbread? Do you make it from scratch? These are awesome! Good work!

triciarnorton said...

What a sweet post. I love you!