Sunday, December 7, 2008

Reason #8 - I am determined to love Christmas again

So last year I realized that Christmas suddenly wasn't as special as it had always been. Although I loved the sweet presents I got (how can you not love a set of leopard print mixing bowls), there was a deep emptiness when the present were opened and we all made our way into the family room to plop down and spend a day watching mindless movies and possibly play a few rounds of guitar hero. That was it. All that stress and craziness all for a few minutes of enjoyment and then it's back to real life.

So this year I've decided that no matter how crazy my life has become, I am determined to make the most of this season. I am going to do my best every day to find ways to bring the Christmas spirit into others lives every day, and I am going to find every way possible to bring it into my own as well.

One of the things I'm most excited about this year is to have my whole family together again. There really isn't an occasion quite like those when the entire Randall family is together.

Here are just a few pictures from our most recent family adventure.





1 comment:

Alicia said...

This is a great post. I know what you mean. I hate opening the presents. The anticipation of watching someone open a gift you planned and wrapped for them is far cooler than when it's opened. I do love getting wonderful presents, but I like shopping for presents to give so much more. Christmastime is the only time I feel like it's okay to break the bank-because it's such a worthy purpose!

P.S. They MAKE leopard print mixing bowls?! Far out!