Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Reason #6 – I have a lot of things to be thankful for

I’m not intensely connected to Thanksgiving as a holiday. To be honest, turkey is far from my favorite food, although I enjoy it. And I’m just about to eat a Thanksgiving meal for the second time in one week. But no one feels sorry for me, and I truly can’t feel sorry for myself. It will be great. So, in the spirit of all of this gluttonous feasting, I want to recognize the abundance that has been poured out upon me from the Lord over this past year. So here are the things I am most thankful for:

I am thankful for God’s hand in my life. I would be lost without the guidance He gives me daily, even when I least deserve it.

I am thankful for family.

I am thankful for friendships; especially for best friends that live right around the corner and can show up my most desperate moments whether I ask them to or not.

I am thankful for the bond that we build with others, sometimes complete strangers, that show we are all one as a human race, just facing the fierce storms of life side by side.

I am thankful for my own special someone, regardless of our circumstances.

I am thankful for a place to call my own; I love my little sanctuary where I can close the door on the rest of the crazy world and just be me.

I am thankful for those that have shown me what it means to love someone else, and have opened up and allowed me to love them.

I am thankful for a good job, and an amazing boss who takes good care of me.

I am thankful to be healthy.

I’m thankful for lessons learned the hard way, because I don’t have to learn them twice.

I’m thankful that I have only had to scrape snow off my car twice so far this year (even if others aren’t so excited about the lack of snow).

I’m thankful that I got an A- in my stats class, even if I didn’t deserve it.

Most of all, I am thankful for my Savior and the Gospel, without which I can’t imagine where I would be.

Happy Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays, but it is hard to concentrate on why we celebrate it with all the food. I'm glad you shared these thoughts. That's amazing you got an A in stats. I will never know what that feelings like because I will avoid taking a stats class to the death...but good for you that rocks!