Monday, February 2, 2009

Reason #13 - Sunsets



I have always loved sunsets. But this past year I feel like I've gained a deeper appreciation for how beautiful a sunset can really be. There have been days driving home from work when I'm tempted to stop along the side of the freeway just so that I don't have to miss a moment of it. On those days, I'm sure I've caught a glimpse of the skies in Heaven. There is a feather dusting of clouds across the sky, and above me is a perfect kaleidoscope of golds, pinks, and here and there still hints of blue. And for just a moment, my world is exquisitely perfect.

Tonight I was heading home, late as usual for dinner which of course would make me late for the rest of the night. But I had to stop and snap a few shots of the fiery pink sky. I was a little late and didn't have the best view, but I caught just a bit of color before it dropped below the horizon.

1 comment:

Alicia said...

I love sunsets. And Utah has the best sunsets. I love Utah in the summer because of how warm it is at like 10 PM. I love Utah in the summer so much I decided to repeat myself. Great pictures!