Friday, August 26, 2016

SSS

The "SSS" became my family in the last years of single life, as we bonded over boys, life in the avenues, Hatches chocolates, weddings, careers, school, travel, and basically everything in between. I feel so blessed to have the opportunity to share my world with them, and likewise to be constantly inspired by them. 

For one year the three of us were all just single ladies building our careers and making the most of our lives. We supported each other through the big things like broken hearts. We helped each other in the small things, like cleaning each other's apartments when life got overwhelming and busy. And we played and danced and enjoyed friends and city life. 

During that year, Chrislyn met Ryan, and our little group started to expand. Miss Emma joined their family shortly after. A few years later Brad finally hit an acceptable age for marriage and swept me off to Florida. Then last year, Andy married Erika, completing the circle. 

A few weeks ago, we got together to celebrate yet one more thing we have in common. Our baby boys were all born in the past year, and the stars aligned for us to spend a few hours together so the entire SSS clan could meet, and our boys could start a friendship we hope will also last a lifetime (I know, they probably won't remember their first meeting, but we have the photo evidence for later). 

People aren't perfect, and 9 years of friendship has seen all of us through ups and downs, both big and small. We've had to grow, adapt, and learn how to be friends, especially when we can't just pop around the corner when we need a good chat. But I am eternally grateful for these women (and their families) who love me for me, and see the very best in me. Who love me in spite of my weaknesses, and truly appreciate my strengths.

My mom always says that the best relationships exist when someone else appreciates what WE have to give, and we need and appreciate what THEY have to give. I am at home when I am with Chrislyn and Erika, and I know they feel at home with me. They are my family, and I am eternally grateful for a few extra years of single life that allowed me to meet the women that helped shape who I am today. 







No comments: