Thursday, May 26, 2016

Motherhood is Beautiful



On a random evening a few weeks ago, our dear friend and roommate (who also happens to be an incredible wedding photographer) offered to take some "6 month" photos for us. I have not done any professional photos of Devin since he was born and I decided it was about time. We gathered up a few props, threw ourselves together, and headed off to a nearby orange grove.

"Magical" is pretty much how I would describe the end result. McKenzie perfectly captured the essence of our family, and all the emotion, love, and joy I feel in motherhood through the lens of her camera for us to cherish the rest of our lives. She perfectly captured Devin's beautiful and expressive blue eyes, his curiosity, and his sweetness. She also captured the love Brad and I feel for each other and for our son.

Everyday of motherhood is not magic. In the midst of teething, and Devin learning to move around sometimes it's actually emotionally and physically exhausting. I've absolutely given up the freedom of doing things at my convenience, and I'm not sure what it feels like to get a full night's rest anymore. But even in the hardest moments I feel an immeasurable gratitude for the opportunity of raising an incredible little soul. His smile and big blue eyes light up my world everyday. I am grateful when he finally drifts off to sleep, but I miss him before he's awake again. I discover the world anew everyday through his experience, and I can't wait to see the person he chooses to become.



1 comment:

Debbi said...

Well put. Such a sweet little family. Love you 3.