Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The Monkey Trap


Sometimes I am like a monkey with my hand caught in a trap. I just don't want to let go of my "treasure" in order to free myself. Surprisingly, I think that "treasure" is usually some sort of pain or problem that I think I'm letting go of, when in reality I'm holding on to it for dear life. I am a martyr, and this problem is my cause.


The Savior atoned for us so that we can let go of these problems and find joy and peace. But if we just let them go, what would we have to worry over? This is my new goal: to recognize the treasures in my life that I'm holding on to. And then determine those that are truly there for growth and opportunity, and those I'm just holding on to because they are my one source of anguish. And then... I'm going to let go.


3 comments:

Nancy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nancy said...

Rachel I am touched by that post Thank you for sharing! Wish we could talk more!

Nancy said...

Sorry about that first deleted comment. You probably wonder who that was from. It was me. I wrote a long personal comment and then realized that everyone who reads this blog will also be reading it and I only meant for you to see it . . . so to make a long story short, I deleted it and left the second comment instead. I guess you'll just have to see me in person to hear the rest! Love you!