Saturday, May 15, 2010

Graduation... and all that comes with it

It's Official. I am a college grad. The downside to that is that once again I find myself trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up. I would have thought that by the time I was 31, had a cosmetology license, and a bachelor's degree I might have a clue. Well... I sort of do. It's just that now I feel like I need to move on to the next step. Which is... yeah, that's my problem.
But here are a few pictures of the big day and the after parties:

Two nights after I finished my last class, I headed to Huntington Beach for a mid-singles conference to celebrate my achievement. Yes, "mid-singles conference" is pretty much all it implies. I vacillated between loving the pick-up-and-go lifestyle that I enjoy as a single woman and feeling like I was back in junior high because of all the awkwardness that comes when 31-40 year olds try to flirt with each other in a church gym with 80's music playing in the background.

That being said, I picked the right people and the right place for a mid-singles conference. I stayed in a beach house with about 17 other people, which meant the party was pretty much always at our house. And, I spent the weekend hanging out with one of the greatest girls I know. Okay, so the point was to meet men. Well I met a few. And they were all right. But Jen and I got in some good bonding time, even sharing the couch one night since the fold-out bed was worse than a sleeping bag laid out over a rock pile.





3 comments:

Jer and Cam said...

Ahh! Congratulations! I am so happy for you and now I know why you haven't posted for a while, you've been a bit busy. We are so happy for you!!!!!

Jnuck said...

That couch rocked.

If only I had met a man whom I liked as much as I like you!

Thanks for being a great wing-woman.

Wes Harris said...

Yeah! Congratulations! I could never sleep like that. I'm a bit of a princess when it comes to sleeping. I need everything just perfect. Well, until I started hanging out with baby Scarlett during the night . . . I guess now I might be able to do it.